Do you need to get away?
The Great Escape is a long weekend in the woods designed to help you release bullshittery and reconnect to yourself.
Get away from home. Unplug from the chaos. Take space to focus on you, heal your heart, listen to your body, and connect with the earth. Form new relationships.
Learn to let go.
The Great Escape is like summer camp for Unrulies, only in the fall and with better food! All of the learning opportunities will be tied to our theme of releasing bullshittery, including tools and techniques for releasing attachments and grounding ourselves in these chaotic times. We’ll also dig into The Enright Process Model of Psychological Forgiveness.
We will play, dance, create, and gather by the fire. We will connect with ourselves and with one another.
We will release everything that no longer serves us.
Arrival: Wednesday, October 17th at 6pm
Departure: Sunday, October 21st at 2pm
Location: ARC Retreat Center (learn more below) 1680 373rd Ave NE, Stanchfield, MN 55080
Availability: 24 spaces on a first come, first serve basis.
Cost: $800 -- BONUS: Shared room discount is $695. Let me know if you wish to share a room with someone in particular!
- All workshops, circle experiences, and rituals
- Spirit Gathering and Sacred Circle
- Yoga and Sacred Movement
- Essential oil consult with Kira Washington and a 10 ml roller bottle of your personal blend to take home
- Two 60-minute private sessions to support you through real life reintegration after the retreat ($250 value)
- Lodging including four nights
- Homemade vegetarian meals, afternoon tea time, and fruit bowl for snacking
Participants are also responsible for costs associated with travel. (ARC is 45 minutes north of Minneapolis.)
The Great Escape
your support system
I am Christy Farr. The Unruly Woman is my sandbox and you can read all about me here. The Great Escape is the evolution of my nine year dream which came true when I hosted my first retreat in October of 2017. It was a small but mighty group of Unrulies who cultivated more healing, togetherness, and hope in that 42 hours than I imagined possible. This year, we're doing it again with two extra days and twice as many Unrulies. In order to support this number of participants, I've asked for help! You will enjoy the love and support of Kira Liberty Washington who will share her magic by teaching us yoga and collaborating with everyone to create a personal essential oil blends. Also, my masterful colleague and dear friend Shari has agreed to come share her wisdom and tools. When I need professional support, I call Shari and I feel deeply honored to have her join us for The Great Escape.
Shari L. Riley is a Spiritual Counselor and Intuitive Healer. For Shari, the journey toward really understanding her own Authentic Journey – her soul’s mission – began back in 2000 when, as a trained life coach, she started inspiring women to live their dreams. By 2006 she had received her Certification in Integrated Energy Therapy and began to truly explore and embrace her identity as a healer. Shari has continued to train and expand her innate intuition to create her own technique of healing. By identifying the age at which a client’s particular emotional block manifested, she opens a door that allows healing and a deep understanding of that which keeps one from embracing or releasing elements of her life. “My passion is to facilitate healing in others and walk beside them as they discover their Authentic Journey. I help people understand that they have their own individual paths to healing. I am here to be their guide.”
our sacred place in the woods:
ARC Retreat Center will offer us "silence in a deafening world, serenity in an overcharged society, wholeness in a fractured life, where healers come for healing, peacemakers find peace and caregivers are cared for." Your weekend of release and recommitment to self
- Homelike atmosphere in group meeting spaces and private space for individuals.
- Healthy homemade vegetarian meals featuring fresh ingredients, often organic or locally grown.
- Accommodation of special dietary needs.
- Twice-daily silent group meditation for those who wish to participate.
- Eighty-seven acres of pristine wetlands and woodlands featuring majestic white pine forest.
- Trails for walking, skiing, snowshoeing.
- A labyrinth for walking meditation.
- Spiritual Direction, reiki, yoga classes and therapeutic massage (all with advance notice and additional charge).
- Space and time apart for writers and artists to hone their craft.
- Environmentally friendly practices.
- A bookstore featuring new and used books and fair trade artisanal gifts.
- Opportunity for rest and renewal, growth and creativity.